Sunday, March 30, 2008

Lack of updates

It's been three weeks since my last post, and it's been so long that I actually had to re-read the post to figure out what's happened since then so I know what to write about now. And I go back and re-read how it was two weeks before that that I had posted. So much for my New Years resolution of posting weekly. And then there's the matter of my Youtube show...

When we last checked in, I had just registered healthinthenavel.com, and that's been going, although more slowly than I had hoped. Although it's mainly me stopping myself. I had told myself I was going to do the 10-3-2 plan, and I haven't been-I haven't even been getting in three conversations a day, so I need to step it up. And my fast track leaders tell me that I shouldn't beat myself up for it. Of course, I tend to do it even though I know I shouldn't. In any case, I've actually gotten some responses from former Team colleagues. Nothing definite yet, but it's something. And today, I finally submitted my site to hireasaint.org, so we'll see where that goes.

I went to NDT and Basic 5 yesterday. The training was good-getting to the hotel where it was held wasn't. It was held in Saddle Brook, which I thought would be a fairly metropolitan location, considering that this was the closest such training around the area, but it was out in the middle of nowhere, and I had to take two buses to get there. Of course, now I do a little more research and discover that I could have taken the train and I would have just had to walk a mile and a half to get to the hotel, which probably would have been a lot less hassle than what actually happened. Oh well. The ECCT on May 31 is at the same location, and Amy said she was going to that one, so I think I'm going to see if I can carpool with her from the train station.

I also had a date with Rosemary last night. She agreed because she had never been to a comedy show. It was a funny show called Delusions of Spandex, and how much better can you get than a sketch comedy variety show hosted by two viruses? :-) Anyway, Rosemary enjoyed the show, and we got to chat a little bit-nothing overly romantic yet, but it's a first date, so I didn't expect too much yet.

I've also used my newfound abundance to finally upgrade to Leopard, purchase an ipod, a new palm pilot, some DVDs, and my roommate and I split for our own cable internet connection as well as a TV and DVD player for the living room. Some may think those are frivolous considering where I was financially just a few weeks ago, and I've had some of those thoughts myself, but I seem to be doing okay. And in fact, I just was tested for a transcription job that would pay very well if I got it. They told me I would know when I left if I got the job or not, but I didn't-the person I needed to meet with wasn't available, so they're going to check in with me on Monday. Wish me luck! :-)

No comments: