Sunday, January 13, 2008

Unemployment

So the good news is I've talked to a lot of people about my Market America distribution and even got a few three-ways. No one was interested(except for Alfie) but I'm spreading the word. I actually got a recommendation that I should shift the focus from finding partners to just finding customers. I've been struggling to motivate myself to call restaurants, maybe because I just don't enjoy the numbers game. Maybe I should just stop resisting. I just feel so awkward calling restaurants just to ask if they have a website, but at least I just have to ask the question and then get the info. Although now I'm looking to see who else I can interest in some of the other products.

I finally managed to apply for unemployment on Friday after getting disconnected for two hours. And then they told me I would have to call again on Sunday, and like an absent minded buffoon, I kept remembering during church or during the fireside, but then kept forgetting to call until Monday morning. Fortunately I got the call in to claim for last week, but like any automated system, they make it next to impossible to reach a real person who can actually answer the questions not answered by the automated system(which are the only questions I have when I get to the point where I bother to call anyway) and when I finally did get connected, the system said, "We have a lot of calls and we won't be able to talk to you today. Call back Wednesday." Amazing how my windows of opportunity keep slipping through my fingers.

How am I going to shift this week? Something's gotta shift, and I don't know how. I know what I'm not doing that I need to be doing, but how to close this gap between where I am and where I want to be-that's daunting.

No comments: